Why We Collect Personal Information (PI)
PI will be collected only for the following purposes:
- To determine the eligibility of the customer for the products and services we offer.
- To provide ongoing service.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
The person collecting PI will ensure that the customer is made aware of:
- Why the PI is needed.
- How the PI will be used with the customer’s consent for other purposes (ie. solicitation).
- The fact that the customer can refuse permission to use PI for these other purposes.
Making Information About Policies & Procedures Available to Customers
- The policies and procedures used to manage PI will be open to everyone. Customers will have access to information about those policies and procedures and the information will be easy to understand.
- Access to one’s PI can be arranged by contacting the person in charge of protecting the privacy of customer information as referred to in section 2 above.